Our Ambulance Subscription Program provides residents of the municipalities we serve protection from out-of-pocket expenses related to emergency medical services. For a small yearly fee, subscribers receive unlimited medically necessary emergency ambulance service and discounts on services which are not deemed medically necessary or patient responsibility by their insurance carrier.
Something most residents are not aware of, we do not receive any direct tax dollar support from the communities we serve! Our funding comes from our Subscription program, our donation program and fees for service. So your participation in our Subscription program allows the community to support the Ambulance Authority which, in turn, directly helps fund us so we can continue to provide you the highest levels of patient care.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND:
- Residents check their insurance coverage to see what their insurance carrier has determined “is a covered service” under their policy. In some cases not all the services we provide are covered by every insurance carrier and sometimes only portions of a service are covered.
- Insurance carriers also use the term “medically necessary” which they have defined.
For example, most carriers will not cover the non-emergency ambulance transfer of a patient from one hospital to another when the services are available at the first hospital (i.e., transporting a patient from Hospital A to Hospital B because their doctor does not have privileges at Hospital A).
Unfortunately, many people are under the false impression that their insurance covers everything and it does not. There are so many different insurance carriers and policies available today that it is impossible for us to know what is or is not a covered service by each carrier. Our business is patient care. That is why we urge residents to read their policy every year it is renewed.
Our Subscription Program covers any permanent resident of The Town of McCandless, Franklin Park Borough, Borough of Bradford Woods, Marshall Township and The Township of Pine. This includes any family members who are also permanent residents of the household.
Note: If your insurance is Medicaid or a Medicaid HMO you cannot participate in our Subscription Program by Medicaid rules.
Our subscription program is not tax-deductible or a charitable contribution. If you wish to make a tax-deductible/charitable contribution to McCandless Franklin Park Ambulance Authority, go to our Donations page and complete our online Donation Form.
- Individual Subscription (one person in the household): $60.00
- Family Subscription (all permanent residents of a household): $90.00
Subscription Year runs for:
- The Town of McCandless & Franklin Park Borough from October 1st to September 30th.
- Borough of Bradford Woods, Marshall Township & Township of Pine from March 1st to
You can join our subscription program at any time during the year. When your community’s next subscription mailing is sent out and you joined midyear, your subscription will be prorated to put you in line with the rest of the community mailing.
Subscription Program Benefits
Benefit #1Emergency Ambulance Service:
When any individual who is a subscriber utilizes the ambulance service for a sudden onset of an illness or injury that requires immediate transportation to a hospital, we will bill the subscriber’s insurance carrier for the services we provided.
- If there are portions of our fee which are not covered by the insurance carrier (i.e., co-pay and/or deductible amounts), we will accept the payment from the insurance carrier as payment in-full. The subscriber will not be responsible for the difference between our charges and the insurance carrier’s payment.
- If the transport is considered “not medically necessary” or “a non-covered service” by your insurance carrier, we will discuss a discounted amount with our subscriber.
- If we respond to a medical emergency in which you are involved, treat you and you decline transport or if transportation is not necessary, there is no charge.
Benefit #2Non-Emergency Ambulance Service:
Benefit #3Wheelchair Van Service
Benefit #4Expanded Coverage#1::
We Need Your Support
Consider Donating Today
Utilizing our online giving platform, you can give a one-time donation, or pledge a monthly amount to generously give throughout the year. Anything helps, and all are tax-deductible and secure. Monies raised will allow us to continue to provide the highest quality service and care for all members of the communities we serve. We greatly appreciate any and all support.