General Job Description
McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority provides emergent and non-emergent care and transportation of the sick and injured in the northern Allegheny County area. McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority is nationally recognized for the care it gives to the five municipalities we serve.
The Authority has both full and part time positions which are an integral part of an advanced life support patient care team. It will be necessary to provide care and transportation in both the emergency and non-emergency environment. On a daily basis you will be required to work in cooperation with our team leader, the 911 center and our non-emergent dispatch center to provide safe and efficient care and transportation to our patients. All care and transport information will then need to be entered in to a web based report program to create a patient record and provide billing information.
The position requires, but is not limited to the following:
- Have a current PA driver’s license
- Insurable at regular rates
- Basic computer input and keyboard skills required
- EVOC certification
- Current CPR certification recognized by the PA Department of Health
- Current PA Department of Health certification
- Current on PA Department of Health continuing education requirements, including time sensitive core content
- Current ACLS, PALS and TLS certifications
Current medical command authorization or successfully precept to
- Consolidated Medical Command (CMC) medical command
authorization at UMPC Passavant Hospital.
Part time position:
Is scheduled based on availability of work. To remain active as a part time Paramedic, the Authority requires a minimum 16 hours per calendar month.
Full time position:
Available to work 24 hours per day 7 days a week. Comprehensive benefits are available for full time employees.
Interested in Applying for Paramedic?
The successful candidate must also be able to pass:
A complete physical
An agility test with some lifting
Criminal History check
Driving Record check
Childline Child Abuse check
Medicare and Medicaid eligibility check