For all the links listed on this page, in an Emergency Call 9-1-1
The phone numbers listed below and websites are Non-Emergency contact information.
Intervention, Training/Education and Disaster Planning Websites:
Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS)(http://www.alleghenycounty.us/dhs/mhcrisis.aspx):
- Mental Health Crisis: 1-888-796-8226
- Are you or someone you love having a behavioral health crisis? Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic (WPIC) of UPMC and the Allegheny County Department of Human Services have partnered to bring comprehensive behavioral health crisis services to the residents of Allegheny County. The Crisis Network provides 24-hour-a-day, 365-days-a-year telephone, mobile crisis, walk-in and crisis overnight residential services that are available to any Allegheny County resident no matter age, ability to pay, or whether they have used behavioral health services in the past. Round the clock service - even on holidays - includes:
DHS Office of Behavioral Health: 412-350-4456, Non-emergency behavioral health questions.
American Heart Association
- Crisis counseling and support over the phone by a trained counselor
- Information about how to get needed services
- Access and referral to additional crisis, treatment and other behavioral health supports.
Health Education for the Heart and Stroke information along with CPR, AED and First Aid training.
American Red Cross
Disaster Relief information along with CPR, AED and First Aid training.
Crisis Center North
If you are in an abusive relationship or are a friend or family member of a victim and need to talk, please call Crisis Center North's 24-hour hotline at 412-364-5556 or 1-866-782-0911.
Pittsburgh Poison Control
Mr. Yuk prevention awareness campaign. Created by the Pittsburgh Poison Center, it was the first recognized poison prevention/poison center awareness symbol in the U.S. Since then, Mr. Yuk has been used in the U.S. and internationally to educate children and adults about poison prevention and to promote poison center awareness.
US Department of Homeland Security
Prepare My Family for a Disaster. Because your family may not be together when a disaster strikes it is important to create a plan in advance and have a disaster supply kit that includes basic items.
Our Service Area Town, Borough or Township Websites:
The official website for Allegheny County which provides contact information for government officials, departments and more.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
The official website for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania which provides contact information for government officials, departments and more.