Applying for a Volunteer Position
From our very beginning, our most valuable asset has been and continues to be our employees and volunteers. We started as a volunteer emergency medical service (EMS) in 1977 with a paid manager, no office staff and all EMS services were provided by volunteers. Over the years the Authority slowly transitioned from a volunteer organization to a career service. Today we have a professional staff of Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians and Office Personnel along with our dedicated volunteers working alongside our paid staff.
To be a volunteer or employed by McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority you must meet/agree to the following general requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Have physical ability to carry out the specific tasks for certain positions.
- Regulations require us:
- To run criminal history, child abuse, driver's license record and Medicare checks on all individuals.
- Everyone needs to sign a confidentiality agreement concerning patients we come in contact with along with their protected health information we acquire.
If you would like to volunteer with us there are a variety of areas you can assist us in, like mailings, clerical functions or being a wheelchair van driver. Or maybe you have specialized training that you feel would benefit our Authority. For those who are looking to be trained or who are already a Pennsylvania Certified Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic we are always looking for new recruits.
If we have peeked your interest and you would like to volunteer your time with us you can:
- Call us at 412-367-5883 during regular business hours to discuss this further if you have questions,
- Click on the application link below, fill it out and bring it to our station during regular business hours,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday (Closed on Holidays) along with any requested documentation/certification(s).