Applying for Employment
From our very beginning, our most valuable asset has been and continues to be our employees and volunteers. We started as a volunteer Emergency Medical Service
(EMS) in 1977 with a paid manager, no office staff and all EMS services were provided by volunteers. Over the years the Authority slowly transitioned from a
volunteer organization to a combination career/volunteer organization.
To be a volunteer or employed by McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority you must meet/agree to the following general requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Have physical ability to carry out the specific tasks for certain positions.
- Pass a physical exam and pass a drug test.
- Regulations require us to check the following:
- Criminal history check, Child Abuse check, Driver's License Record check and Medicare Exclusion checks on all individuals.
- Everyone needs to sign a confidentiality agreement concerning patients we come in contact with along with their protected health information we acquire.
At times we post our current job opportunities (see below) for full and part time positions in the following categories:
Current Job Opportunities:
- Pennsylvania certified Paramedic
- Pennsylvania certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Wheelchair Van Driver
If you have any other questions, please call our business office at 412-367-5883 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!